Monday 8 June 2009

Dare to believe


Self as an ordinary man could be a lil bit 'offensive' when he was started to be questioned about a passion that he really hates most. As I was reading a this tiny book entitled 'Dare to believe', I was suddenly re brought to a moment which I never imagined to be recalled again. A conversation of one-on-one with Jo which I had in her room on last few weeks. Actually, there was no bad incident or even a nightmare which required me to share over here. However, what really made me to remember her most was when she started to question about my passion towards reading.

" Are you a reader, zam?," asked her

"Yes, I am. But, I am more inclined into informal genre," answered me with a chesty voice.

I was randomly speechless. It was odd, suspent and simply a killing moment when someone had a good opportunity to 'checkmate' you. In anytime of any ways, a person like me can be simply pinned out if one manage to identify your weakness. I admit it. I don't choose a habit of reading as my major hobby. It seems that a disagreement is always seen as I started to look at the books. I have no idea about it. A boredom is always there to stop me from seeing the pleasure of reading. I was told by mum about my reading habit during a childhood. I used to have a wonderful hobby which can always impress of anyone when I was toddler. I appeared to be a 'geek' who loves book very much when I was at the age of 9-10 years old. In fact, I still remember each of happiness that I gained when my mum bought a collection of 'cerita Rasullah' for me when I was 10 years old. However, the habit is started loose gradually as I grown up. Having a collection of books seems to be lame and uninteresting hobby to be own. I start to build a sense of boundary between me and reading materials unconsciouly. It is definitely sad when the presence of you in a society is being ignored. When a group of people are started to share the pleasures and enjoyments of reading and you are just there with zero to say. Very sad.

No comments: