Thursday 11 November 2010

19

"Make the best of what we have"

1. Today was just too lovely to be compared with the other boring days that I went through lately. I woke my a** up quite early this morning, went to uni and met mum (Jo Carr) in her room. Ah, what a happy lady she is! Welcoming me with her big smiles and definitely healthy this time.
* She has been sick lately; so, seeing her around healthily this time somehow makes me to feel good and happy too*

2. The conversation was pretty casual. No pressure, and Jo is always motherly when it comes to a leisure talk. She could fully lend all the ears and give some wise words to us if she felt so. So, we talked a lil bit about our academic stuffs at the beginning, but towards the end we moved slowly talking about myself and herself. She was telling that she'll be retiring possibly end of this year in December. Ah, twas indeed a shocked one, I mean really a sudden decision. I was recently being informed that our coordinator in Malaysia has been replaced with a new man, and today, I got to know that she's going to 'leave' us too. Hmm, how could I not to feel at least 'missing something' feeling . "It's time, zam. Let me be a good grandma and play more happy musics". I smiled. Ah, she's probably in many ways. She would need a proper rest after so long managing and coordinating this twinning program. Yup, for many years, since my seniors times, I could see a lot of her great contributions on this program besides the other important people like Bob, Jan and Mary. She must've been tired, I reckon. Plus, her health condition seems to be finer if she could have more rests and play with the grandchildren.

3. Ah, don't you worry about us, Jo. Even though knowing that you're retiring from academic field might sounds a bit bitter to me, but I'm absolutely happy for you and so the others too, I bet. Thank you very much for everything that you have provided for me here since the beginning. Your inspiring words, your lovely pats on the back, everything. My sincerely thank you. I'll be missing you very badly.

Take care, madame.=')
Play more musics.


No comments: